COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES: These are the official rules that govern how the Apps Reward Scheme will operate. The Apps Reward Scheme will be simply referred to as “Scheme” throughout the rest of these rules. In these Official Rules, “we,” “our,” “us” and “Razer” refer to Razer Inc., the sponsor of the Scheme. “You” refers to an eligible Scheme entrant who must agree to these Official Rules.
- You must meet the eligibility requirements as set out in the Razer Contest Terms and Conditions (http://www.razerzone.com/terms-conditions/contest).
- You must meet any further requirements published by Razer at the time of the Scheme.
- This Scheme is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
- Entrants must be aged 18 and above
- Entrants must be located within RazerStore’s shipping locations to be eligible
- App must be submitted to Razer for evaluation AND available on the PLAY/iOS store
- Razer employees and family members are not eligible
- Persons entering as part of a company or on behalf of their employer acknowledge that these Official Rules are binding on their employer and further warrant that the company and/or employer has full knowledge of participation and has granted consent for participation. Sponsor will honor any employer policy regarding receipt of a reward by an employee.
- Even if you have developed and published a Razer Nabu app prior to the launch of this reward program, you will be eligible for the reward scheme
- EXCEPTION with apps that emerge from Razer hackathon winners. As they have already won a prize, they will not be entitled to redeem another reward for that app
HOW TO ENTER
- Submission Period
- 1st April 2015 will be the closing date for this reward scheme. Any submissions after will not be accepted.
- All Entries shall be submitted in the manner as stipulated by us.
- App must be uploaded to Razer servers and be available on the Google PLAY store or Apple’s iOS store before submitting for entry
- A “new” App is defined as an app that integrates the Razer Nabu at the time of launch. An “existing” App is defined as an App that already existed on the PLAY or iOS store, but added Nabu integration as an update before submission
- Entrants may submit more than one Submission. For teams who worked together on an App, your app will be submitted under one individual.
- Reward scheme only works PER app submitted.
- Submission is not complete until all the online prompts and instructions to upload have been properly followed and the Official Rules have been affirmatively accepted. By entering, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Submission will not be returned and become the property of the Sponsor; however the App itself remains the property of the Entrant. By uploading a Submission, the Entrant warrants and represents that he/she (or Entrant Team if applicable) is the creator of the App and that he/she consents to the use of the Submission in the Challenge.
- Submission, must comply with the App Technical Requirements and entry terms set forth below in order to be eligible.
- App specifications and requirements, instructions, and software development kits for building a Nabu powered app exist online at http://developer.razerzone.com/nabu/
- App must integrate the Razer Nabu and make use of one or more of the Nabu SDK’s APIs.
- Refer to this page to find out more about the criteria of the app
- App must not violate the <Razer’s existing T&C for apps>
- The App may either be a “new” App or an “updated” App. In either case the App must satisfy the requirements disclosed in these rules. If updates are being made to an existing App for the purpose of Challenge entry, the App must be the property of the Entrant/Entrant Team and/or their respective employer. (NOTE: Entrants/Entrant Teams are not permitted to update an existing app unless the existing app is their original creation.).
- App must be available in English and available to the public in at least one region of U.S, Europe or Asia Pacific.
- Asking for advice from APIs, platform and language supporters is encouraged and highly recommended.
- Content Requirementsa
- Each Entry must be: (i) the team’s original work; and (ii) work which is created specifically for this Scheme.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to disqualify Entries which: (i) have been submitted in another competition (the prohibition includes previously published art works which are not provided by us); (ii) contain any racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent or sexual content, libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material; and/or (iii) contain any intellectual property owned by any third party (other than images provided by us) or the likeness of any real-life individuals.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any team that fails to abide by these Official Rules.
- Determination of compliance with entry, technical, and creative requirements and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and designated Judging Panel. By entering, Entrants warrant that Submission:
- Determination of Tiers will be decided by Razer
- Undisputable and up to our own discretion
- is the original work of the Entrant/Entrant Team or an update to an original work of the Entrant/Entrant Team;
- does not contain any use of names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements in whole or in part, of any person, living or dead, without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Sponsor upon request in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor);
- does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, logos, copyrighted material not owned by Entrant (other than Sponsor’s related materials), contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights;
- is not subject to any third party agreements, and that the Sponsor will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its ownership, acquisition, use or exploitation of the entries or rights therein;
- was made with the understanding that any required permits from local authorities or other permissions have been obtained and is documented sufficiently such that Entrant can show proof of such permission upon request from the Sponsor;
- does not contain hateful content of any kind (including without limitation racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Sponsor;
- does not promote any activity that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- does not contain reference to any political agenda or party; and that Entrant/Entrant Team indemnify the Sponsor from and against any cause of action, complaints, or other claims arising out of the breach of any of the foregoing warranties.
- Rewards will be awarded respective to the assigned tiers
- Reward Scheme can be viewed here <Link to rewards (TBC)>
- Once the tier has been assigned and the app fulfils all submission rules and eligibility, the entrant will be contacted via email
- A coupon code will be given to the entrant which they can then redeem at the online RazerStore
- How the code is used is up to the receiver’s discretion. However, it will only be usable once
- You will be notified of the code’s expiry date
- Promotional feature will feature your app on one or more of our social networks
- The content and timing of the post will be determined by Razer.
- Rewards stated are in USD and will vary depending on your country’s currency
- Razer will not handle disputes amongst team members on the reward. It will be tied to the submitter and how they use the reward is up to their own discretion
- You may not exchange your reward for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason the advertised reward is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a reward of equal or greater value;
- If you accept a reward, you will be solely responsible for all applicable income, sales and other taxes related to accepting the reward;
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Scheme, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the reward to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, the reward is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions and software license.
- Save for certain rights granted to us as set out below, all intellectual property rights developed by your team in connection with this Scheme shall be the absolute property of your team.
- By submitting your Entry, you hereby grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyse your Entry and all its contents solely in connection with this Scheme; (ii) feature, in all media (now known or later developed), your Entry and all its contents in connection with the marketing or promotion of this Scheme and all subsequent iterations of this Scheme. Such marketing and promotion includes but is not limited to the use of internal and external presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of the Scheme process in press releases; and (iii) retain a copy of your Entry solely for us to avoid potential future conflicts for any user generated content created at our events.
- Save as set out above, we will not commercialize or monetize any part of your Entry.
By submitting your Entry, you:
- agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted;
- agree to assist us and our representatives in the creation of case studies or white papers (collectively “Studies”) detailing your Entry. Studies will not include any confidential information. Upon your approval of the Studies’ accuracy, you shall give us permission to display the Studies, including trademarks, logos, and other identifying information contained in it, on our websites and in other marketing materials (which may take various forms such as printed materials, online articles, video, audio and other digital recordings);
- acknowledge and agree that other entrants or any other third parties (including us) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your Entry and you/your team waive any claims you may have resulting from any such similarities to your Entry; and
- understand that except as set out in these Official Rules, you will not receive any compensation or credit from us for any use of your Entry. This provision does not limit any compensation you may receive through us or third parties as a result of any commercialization of your Entry beyond the scope of these Official Rules.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SCHEME?
By entering this Scheme, you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules (which may be amended by us from time to time);
- To release and hold harmless Razer and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Scheme or any rewards won;
- That Razer’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Scheme;
- That by accepting the reward, Razer may use your proper name and place of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Scheme, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law;
- To contact us prior to promoting or publicizing your participation in and, if applicable, your reward in this Scheme;
- That we may contract third party vendors to assist and provide services related to the running and/or judging of this Scheme. In such a situation, you may be asked to agree to third-party terms and conditions and you must abide by any such terms and conditions; and
- To all the terms and conditions as set out in the Razer Contest Terms and Conditions (http://www.razerzone.com/terms-conditions/contest).
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SCHEME IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Scheme will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California for any disputes arising out of this Scheme.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SCHEME CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, a bug, a catastrophic event or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled (sometimes referred to as force majeure) affects the Scheme, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Scheme. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Scheme by hacking, cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and disqualify any Entry you made. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Schemes, so please play fairly.
COUNTRY SPECIFIC NOTICES: (if any)