What is this all about?
Razer would like to support the Indie Game Developer scene as much as possible and a brilliant way to do it would be via our most popular software technology – Razer Chroma!
Razer Chroma is the most advanced and intelligent lighting ecosystem for gaming devices with the 3 key aspects of it being Personalization, Customization and Immersion.
Part of the immersion is by working with game developers to control the individual LEDs across our peripherals and 3rd party lighting ecosystem – which includes products such as the mouse, mousemat, keyboard, headsets and laptops, home lighting, PC cases and monitors.
Just imagine your entire room and setup breathing red when you are low on health or flashing a rainbow spectrum of colors when you attain a multi-kill. Take a look at the videos to learn more!
I want to make use of the Razer Chroma SDK! But what’s in it for me?
Slow down there. Jumping straight into it eh? Ok, we do love to support game developers that believe in the same things that we do. You know, making gaming better and changing the world. You know the drill. So here is what we can do for you:
- Full Razer Chroma Suite – Razer will provide the developer with a full line of Razer Chroma hardware to integrate the Razer Chroma SDK. This includes the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, Mamba TE, Firefly and Kraken 7.1 V2.
- Partner Discounts – 15% off Razer Peripherals and 5% off Razer Systems
- Event Support – Pending available stock, we are open to loaning you peripherals at key gaming events such as E3 and PAX. With Chroma, it makes an even better spectacle!
- Marketing Package – Promotion of your game across our newsletter database and social media channels with video/image/giveaway contents
That’s awesome, but how do I know if I quality for this program?
There are just a few things, we need to check before we can get you started. If you can honestly answer yes to all the below, you should get in touch with us:
- I am a game developer with previous launched game titles or a successfully funded Kickstarter with video/game builds to prove it
- Game title will be launched within a year of application
- I am not affiliated with a major publisher at this point in time.
- I develop (at least partially) for the Windows platform. Rise PC Master Race! -at least for the time being-
- I am interested and willing to commit –even though I always had commitment issues- to integrate Razer Chroma, as I find it an amazing piece of technology and I believe it would make a great addition to the game / application I’m currently developing. In fact i’m going to start integrating in the next 90 days.
- I’m happy to allow Razer the use of my game artwork & logo for marketing specific to the Razer Indie Dev Program and i want to tell the whole world about it in a joint press release.
Every day I check my mailbox, but there is a disappointing lack of Razer reply. How much longer will you torture me?
We apologize in advance. We do read every single application that comes in, but sometimes we fall behind in the amount of applications that come through.